- This event has passed.
Community Impact Statement Committee Meeting May 31, 2022 @ 7:00 PM
May 31 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Community Impact Statement Committee
Tuesday May 31, 2022 7:00-8:30 PM
To join by Telephone Dial (877) 853-5257; enter Meeting ID: 894 5444 5545
and Press #
IN CONFORMITY WITH THE SEPTEMBER 16, 2021 ENACTMENT OF CALIFORNIA ASSEMBLY BILL 361 (RIVAS) AND DUE TO CONCERNS OVER COVID 19, THE ELYSIAN VALLEY RIVERSIDE NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL and its COMMITTEE MEETINGS WILL BE CONDUCTED ENTIRELY WITH A CALL-IN OPTION or INTERNET BASED SERVICE OPTION.
Every person wishing to address the Board must dial (877) 853-5257 and enter 824 0437 0771 and then press # to join the meeting. When prompted by the presiding officer, to provide public input at the Neighborhood Council meeting the public will be requested to dial “9” or use the Hand raise option to address the Board on any agenda item before the Board takes an action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters no appearing on the agenda that are within the Board’s jurisdiction will be heard during General Public Comment. Please note that under the Brown Act, the Board is prevented from acting on a matter that you bring to its attention during the General Public Comment period; however, the issue raised by a member of the public may become the subject of a future board meeting. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless adjusted by the presiding officer of this committee.
AB 361 Updates: Public comment cannot be required to be submitted in advance of the meeting, only real time public comment is required. If there are any broadcasting interruptions that prevent the public from observing or hearing the meeting, the meeting must be recessed or adjourned. If members of the public are unable to provide public comments or be heard due to issues within the neighborhood Council’s control, the meeting must be recessed or adjourned.
1. CALL TO ORDER- ROLL CALL (2 min)
Supporting Document: DRAFT Letter on Zoo Expansion
5. General public comment on non-agenda items: 2 min. per speaker.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and open request will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices or other auxiliary aids
and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days in advance prior to the meeting by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment at (213) 978-1960 or NCsupport@lacity.org
Notice to paid representatives – If you are compensated to monitor, attend or speak at this meeting, City Law may require you to register as a lobbyist and report your activity. See LA Municipal Code Section 18.01 eq. seq. More information is available at ethics.lacity.org/lobbying. For assistance, please contact the Ethics Commission at (213) 978-1960 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Access of Records – In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting may be viewed at our address: www.myevrnc.com. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact Ana Gomez, Secretary at email@example.com
Public Posting of Agendas
Neighborhood Council agendas are posted for review as follows:
o Wons Liquor Store; Elysian Valley Recreation Center; Board at Newel and Blake; Board at Doris Place and Riverside; Ricks
o You can also receive our agendas via email by subscribing to LA City’s Early Notification System (NCsupport@lacity.org)
Reconsideration and Grievance Process. For information on the NC’s process for board action reconsideration, stakeholder grievance policy, or any other procedural matters related to this Council, please consult the NC Bylaws. The Bylaws are available at our Board meetings and our website www:myevrnc.com
- 20 SeptemberElectric Leafblower Event Workshops Sept 27 and Oct 4, 2022
- 18 SeptemberELYSIAN VALLEY Community Festival Oct. 15, 2022 4:00 – 9:00 PM
- 19 JulyBe an active Stakeholder for EVRNC
- 12 JuneJune 2022 Mornings with the Council, Meet and Greet sessions hosted at the Elysian Valley Rec Center
- 29 AprilCANDIDATE FORUM INVITATIONS ON WEDNESDAY MAY 11, 2022 @ 7:00 PM
- 5 AprilElysian Valley Arts Collective Taylor Bridge Event 04/09/22
- 14 FebruaryNew Redistricting Map
- 14 FebruaryNew LAUSD Superintendent, and new LAUSD District Map
- 6 JanuaryBe a Voice for Your Community! Join the EVRNC in 2022!
- 23 NovemberEVRNC ZOOM MEETINGS INFO AND LINKS TO JOIN
- 27 OctoberPlease Join Us at Our Next ELU Board Meeting!
- 11 OctoberEVRNC Supports Garden Project at Allesandro Elementary School
- 31 AugustEVRNC Funds the Purchase of Hundreds of Bilingual Books for Local Library
- 28 JulyCDC Mask Guidelines
- 20 JulyEVRNC Board Retreat
- 12 JulyEastside LEADS Appeal Ltr 7/12/21
- 11 JulyDraft Minutes 4/21/21
- 11 JulyDraft Minutes 3/10/21
- 11 JulyDraft Minutes 1/14/21
- 2 JulyClosing Out the Fiscal Year, New EVRNC Vote to Get $22,440 to Community Groups
- 1 JulyElysian Valley Heads to the Beach With Mujeres de la Tierra
- 1 JuneEVRNC Special Executive Meeting on June 2, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- 11 JuneNeighborhood Purpose Grant