The Grants Committee consists of Board members and Stakeholders, and is chaired by the Board Secretary. The Grants Committee is tasked with reviewing Neighborhood Purpose Grant (NPG) and Community Improvement Project (CIP) applications, and making recommendations to the Board.
Chair: Carey McDonald
Vice-Chair: Ana Gomez
Stakeholder: Xochitl Ivanov
COMMITTEE MEETING SCHEDULE:
2022-2023 Fiscal Year Meetings
August 25, 2022
September 29, 2022
January 26, 2023
April 27, 2023
June 22, 2023
Neighborhood Purpose Grants:
What is a Neighborhood Purpose Grant?
Neighborhood Purposes Grants (NPG) are awarded to certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or public schools for projects that improve the community and provide a public benefit.
An NPG project should build community, enhance the neighborhood, and be open, accessible, and free to the general public. Projects may encompass a wide range and can include, but are not limited to: the arts, beautification, community support, education, and community improvements.
Steps to apply:
- First, read the NPG Applicant Information Packet to see if you qualify. If you meet the requirements, you may complete the Fillable NPG Application to apply for the Neighborhood Purpose Grant. Follow the guidelines outlined in the Application Process.
- Submit your completed application and all required documents by email to Committee Chair and Vice-Chair by the deadline (see below for current fiscal year deadlines). If your application is for an event, it is recommended to submit an application at least three months in advance.
- Once all the paperwork is in order, you should receive an email inviting you to attend the next Grants Committee meeting. Although not required, it is helpful for you to attend in order to present on your application and answer any questions. At this meeting, the application will be reviewed by the Committee (see: NPG Assessment Sheet) and forwarded to the Board either with or without a recommendation to approve.
- The application will be voted on at the next calendared General Board Meeting.
- If approved, Grant Awardees are responsible for filling out an NPG Completion Report Form to show the Board and community how the grant was used and to provide photos, if possible.
|2022-2023 Fiscal Year Application Deadlines:||NPG Applicant Information Packet.pdf|
|September 23, 2022||Fillable NPG Application|
|January 20, 2023||Grants Committee NPG Assessment Sheet|
|April 21, 2023||NPG Completion Report Form|