The Grants Committee consists of Board members and Stakeholders, and is chaired by the Board Secretary. The Grants Committee is tasked with reviewing Neighborhood Purpose Grant (NPG) and Community Improvement Project (CIP) applications, and making recommendations to the Board.
Chair: Carey McDonald
Vice-Chair: Arturo Gomez
Board Members: Christine Mills, Leslie Campisi
Stakeholders: We currently have 2 vacant stakeholder positions; please fill out this application if you are interested in joining!
2022-23 COMMITTEE MEETING SCHEDULE:
August 25, 2022 AGENDA – Zoom Recording
September 29, 2022 AGENDA – Minutes
January 26, 2023 RESCHEDULED to January 28, 2023 AGENDA – Zoom Recording
April 27, 2023 AGENDA – Draft Minutes
June 22, 2023 CANCELLED
2022-23 Submitted NPG Applications
Click the image above for the 2021-22 Grants Committee Report! You can also see all NPG applications and project completion reports from the last fiscal year, here:
2021-22 NPG Applications 2021-22 NPG Project Completion Reports
NEIGHBORHOOD PURPOSE GRANTS:
What is a Neighborhood Purpose Grant?
Neighborhood Purposes Grants (NPG) are grants of up to $5,000 awarded to certified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or public schools for activities that provide a demonstrable benefit to the community.
An NPG activity should build community, enhance the neighborhood, and be open, accessible, and free to the general public. Projects may encompass a wide range and can include, but are not limited to the arts, beautification, community support, education, and community improvements.
Steps to apply:
- First, read the NPG Applicant Information Packet to see if you qualify. If you meet the requirements, you may complete the Fillable NPG Application to apply for the Neighborhood Purpose Grant. Follow the guidelines outlined in the Application Process.
- Submit your completed application and all required documents by email to Committee Chair and Vice-Chair by the deadline (see below for current fiscal year deadlines). If your application is for an event, it is recommended to submit an application at least three months in advance.
- Once all the paperwork is in order, you should receive an email inviting you to attend the next Grants Committee meeting. Although not required, it is helpful for you to attend in order to present on your application and answer any questions. At this meeting, the application will be reviewed by the Committee and scored on the EVRNC Grants Committee NPG Assessment Rubric. The Committee will then vote whether to recommend to the General Board.
- If recommended, the application will be voted on at the next calendared General Board Meeting.
- If approved, Grant Awardees are responsible for filling out an NPG Completion Report Form to show the Board and community how the grant was used and to provide photos, if possible.
2022-23 Fiscal Year NPG Application Deadlines:
September 23, 2022
January 20, 2023
April 21, 2023
|NPG Applicant Information Packet.pdf|
|Fillable NPG Application|
|EVRNC Grants Committee NPG Assessment Rubric|
|NPG Completion Report Form|
Past Grants Committee Meeting Agendas & Recordings
5/22/21 Special Grants Committee Meeting Agenda – Zoom recording
01/20/22 Special Grants Committee Meeting Agenda – Zoom Recording
4/28/22 Grants Committee Meeting Agenda – Zoom Recording
5/17/22 Special Grants Committee Meeting Agenda – Zoom Recording
6/23/22 Grants Committee Agenda – Zoom Recording